Sunday, April 29, 2012

super wonderful me | Bees With Honey

The Story
Recently
super wonderful me | Bees With Honey
Apr 30th 2012, 01:42

I just realized a while ago that I write nice things about my husband a lot.

Whenever I write about him, I'm always writing about his thoughtfulness and what a good father he is to our girls.

I don't think I've ever written anything bad about him. Or not bad per say but I've avoided talking about the things he does that irritates me.  And yes, there are plenty!

Honestly, he doesn't like it when I write about him at all.  He's not an attention seeker like me.

Anyhoo, I'm tired of writing such nice things about him all the time.  In doing this, the bloggy world is thinking I'm married to some perfect man which he is sometimes but we all know that no one is perfect and wonderful all the time.

Which leads me to what I really want to talk about.  Me.

I never ever write about how wonderful I am.  My hubby is pretty darn lucky to have scored me as his gal. Girls like me don't come along every day, you know :P

So in honour of myself, I'm going to list all the ways and things that make me wonderful.  Well, maybe not ALL the things and ways but more like a few of them. I don't want anyone walking away from here thinking I'm all conceited or anything.

So let's begin …

1. I'm funny.  I can make my hubby laugh on demand and it works every time. I'd enlighten you on the types of things I say that get a chuckle out of him but they're kinda personal so let's just not go there m'kay?

2. I'm romantic. I like to send hubby emails to let him know I'm thinking of him or missing him while he's at work and I'm at home.  I tell him when he's looking cute or handsome. And I thank him when he does things around the house without me telling asking him to.

3. I give the best hugs.  When I'm in a good mood or not having a bad day, I offer up hugs to people. My kids and my hubby are usually the lucky recipients. I'm hug-worthy. I'm cozy. No one hugs better than me.

4. I'm a good wife.  I never complain when the hubby leaves me with the kids to go play soccer with the guys.  He needs time to be away from the crazy that comes with living in a household of girls.  More often than not, I'm usually encouraging him to organize a weekend with his guys friends because he doesn't get much of that kind of thing either being a dad and all. And honestly, when we have an argument or get mad at each other, it's usually me who says sorry first.  That's right, me.

5. I'm a positive thinker.  Sure I get scared and have worries but whenever the hubby and I are faced with a life change or a big decision, I'm always the one pointing out the positive and thinking about the benefits of change. I'm usually the one who does all the reassuring. Why not? Generally, things have a way of working themselves out, don' t you think?

6. I'm immature.  I am and always have been young at heart and am proud to say so.  Where some people might find the things I enjoy childish, I say pooh on you.  It's the child that still lives inside of me that makes me fun and appealing to children.  I didn't become a teacher because I'm mature and boring. C'mon now. No one likes mature and boring!

7. I care a lot about people.  Sometimes, I care too much about them that I feel disappointed when I don't feel the love back. Sounds pouty on my part, right? Well that's how I roll. I wear my heart on my sleeve.

8. I am the glue.  I am usually the one that gets people together so we stay connected. Friends, family and co-workers all benefit from my abilities to keep everyone getting along and happy.  Need a mediator? That's usually me.

9. I'm a good teacher.  I like to make learning fun whether it's for my children at home or with my students in the classroom.  I love kids unconditionally and always go out of my way to make them feel valued and safe when they're in my presence.

10. I think I'm a good Mom.  I try my best to be patient, loving, understanding, encouraging and supportive. I'm there to put band-aids on their boo-boo's. I'm there to give them medicine and care for them when they're sick.  I'm there to reassure them when they're scared or worried. I'm there to encourage them when they're learning something knew or doubtful of their abilities. I love them unconditionally and I know they love me too. Honestly though, you'd have to ask my kids if I'm a good Mom. Only they have the right answer to that question.

Above and beyond all of the wonderful things I have listed about myself, the best part of being me is that I have a family who loves and supports me.

I am nothing without them.

What things make you wonderful?

. Bookmark the

.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions