Thursday, January 31, 2013

Get t know Gragg Advertising's newest Marketing Coordinator, Ryan ...



GA: So Ryan, tell us a little about yourself, your college, and any other information about how you ended up here at Gragg?


RG: I attended Benedictine College in Atchison, KS where I studied Sports Management and Leisure Recreation, with minors in Business Administration and Mass Communications and Journalism. Thanks to Alexa Bondon, I was made aware of the opening here and the rest as they say is history.


GA: So RG1, can I call you RG1?


RG1: Sure, I like that. Think I will tell my friends to call me that now.


GA: Great, so RG1 I have to ask….Leisure Recreation?


RG1: HA, ya it’s like Parks and Recreation.


GA: The show?


RG1: Exactly. I love that show. I’ve worked in the parks and rec department for a long time. Summer jobs, camps, all sorts of stuff. I really just like being outdoors. When I went to Benedictine I was in the Physical Education department and one of the focuses was sports management and leisure recreation.


GA: So are you a man of leisure?


RG1: I am.


GA: Alright, so tell us some funny information about yourself, your interests.


RG1: I was lucky enough to play baseball in college, and I played for 21 total years, so baseball is my most favorite thing ever. I’m also a huge Royals fan, Chiefs fan, and Sporting Kansas City fan. Also I’m a big fan of the Tigers from ol’ Mizzou.


GA: I see, a Mizzou fan. Are you a suffering fan of Mizzou.


RG1: Of Course! It can be tough to watch. Fifth down, UCLA shot…


GA: Tyus Edney….


RG1: Exactly!


GA: What was your favorite Mizzou Basketball team?


RG1: The Elite 8 squad that beat Memphis. DeMarre Carroll, Zaire Taylor, love those guys.


GA: Got close, typical Mizzou.


RG1: Royals, never seen in the postseason. Chiefs, don’t remember seeing them win a playoff game. Mizzou, eternal disappointment. Last night I got home, had dinner, salad, pizza, beer, and watched Mizzou get embarrassed by LSU.


GA: Salad?


RG1: With ranch.


GA: I understand. I had roasted eggplant with pasta. Gotta eat healthy. So what else do you like to do?


RG1: I enjoy watching sports, playing sports, playing slow pitch softball. I love going to Kauffman, Arrowhead, or Livestrong Sporting Park and tailgate and watch the games. I enjoy hanging out with friends and doing freelance radio play-by-play of most any sports.


GA: Freelance radio? Tell me more.


RG1: I got started my sophomore year at Benedictine. I asked about who did the play by play and was told that you had to take a class. So the next semester I signed up and got assigned to do color commentary for a soccer game. My partner doing play by play got a phone call so I took over doing the play by play. I had never done it before. When the guy came back he writes on a note for me to just keep going. At halftime he said that I was a natural and should just keep on doing it. I’ve taken a bunch of classes, done play by play for a bunch of sports, and still do it today. I actually am going to be doing it for the Kansas City Renegades this year.


GA: So you are locally famous?


RG1: I suppose!





Source:


http://www.graggadvertising.com/just-for-fun/meet-ryan-gibson-strategic-aggregation-marketings-newest-coordinator/










The News from http://funyhalloween.blogspot.com