Thursday, January 31, 2013

No, mom didn't do it - ParentWonder.com


Heard a joke on the radio.


It goes something like this:


After dinner, mother and daughter are doing the dishes in the kitchen while father and son are in the living room watching TV.


Then comes a crashing sound from the kitchen. Someone obviously breaks a plate or something.


“It was not mom,” the son says confidently.


“Why are you so sure it was not mom?” the father asks, puzzled.


The son replied, “Because I don’t hear any scolding.”


Father: “………”


Funny right?


No it’s NOT.


After listening to this joke, it hit me like a Shinkansen train that travels at 320km/h.


Why?


Because I am just like the “Mother” in the story.


I blame everyone but myself when things go wrong (including broken plates).


If you know me more than 1 year and 3 months, you would have known I am short-tempered.


And that doesn’t give me a good impression among my children. Also it doesn’t go well with the popular motto : Teach by example.


Whatever you do, your child will pick up perfectly. So if you want to teach, don’t let your child see the negatives.


That’s why I admit my mistakes and shortcomings. And I want to change.


Some of the struggles I went through are documented in my book The Nonconformist’s Guide to Parenting.


Well it’s not easy but it’s worth the change.


For more details of the book on MY change (and many other parenting tips), goto:


http://www.parentwonder.com/nonconformists-guide/




Source:


http://www.parentwonder.com/no-mom-didnt-do-it/










The News from http://funyhalloween.blogspot.com