Saturday, January 18, 2014

My love sweater | Thrift Eye


Every time I wear this pretty sweater, people around me smile (or tell me it’s perfect for Valentine’s day). It’s quite funny.


So when I wanted to wear this skirt, I couldn’t figure out what sort of blouse to wear with it in the morning as I’m trying to go to work – and I quickly realized that my heart sweater would be the perfect contrast to it! I’d initially worn a tshirt underneath, but did not like how the collar looked sloppy and plain with the sweater, so I swapped it out. Which is funny because what ended up occurring was a throwback to this outfit. I can’t believe I used to wear that thing as a dress! I’ve since cut it and can now wear it as a top like I did with this outfit.


I feel like I have toned down the bright colors and in your face patterns I used to wear more when I was younger (I mean, look at this outfit or this one, not sure I’d have the courage to pull those off now!) But it manifests itself nowadays through more tasteful pattern mixing, if you can call it that (who knows how I’ll feel down the road).


Sweater: Jcrew, found at Crossroads (a Wildfox version in blue!). Top: vintage. Skirt: Diane von Furstenberg, thrifted. Tights: DKNY. Boots: Dolce Vita, purchased at Shopbop with store credit. Watch: vintage.


Thrift Eye, heart sweater, jcrew heart sweater, diane von furstenberg skirt, dolce vita boots


Thrift Eye, heart sweater, jcrew heart sweater, dolce vita boots


Thrift Eye, heart sweater, jcrew heart sweater, diane von furstenberg skirt, dolce vita boots


Oh yeah, my hair is red now :)


bloglovin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Source:


http://ift.tt/1kJizW3










The Late News from http://ift.tt/1h0pLYT