Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Passing Pinwheels: Aaaaaand a delay. Of course.


If you follow us on Facebook or Twitter then you have heard the latest news: our placement has been delayed by a week. I wrote about three paragraphs and then deleted them because it really just comes down to part of the process and someday I'll write about it in more detail. I probably wouldn't even blog about it if it weren't for the fact that a lot of people were expecting us to bring home a baby today. We thought we were, too, until about noon today. The goodish news is that this particular episode has an expiration date of Tuesday. If we can make it to Tuesday without the baby being taken out of interim care, the adoption is still on. If it isn't...then, as I have mentioned before, Mike and I have some serious talking to do.

Autumn for a few minutes.




I thought telling Autumn about the delay would be horribly awful but it wasn't. She took it well at first and then cycled pretty quickly from sad and existential to mad and grouchy which was more funny than it should have been. Mike said that she might get that from her mama. We planned to have hot chocolate at Starbucks today with some gift cards and we stuck with that plan. Tamara joined us and I am so glad she did because it wasn't just the two of us being pitiful together. Autumn told Tamara how she can add three numbers even though sometimes she has to use her fingers. And then she drew hilarious and bizarre comics starring kiwis, some ducks, and a school of fish on the back of the pastry bags. After we left Tamara, Autumn did her first scrapbook page using supplies my mom gave her for Christmas.









This look is still part of the Grumpy Autumn Spectrum of Faces.



I feel like a broken record of need. But please keep praying with us. I don't know what to ask you to pray about or for so I'm going to go with Romans 8:26: And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words.


Source:


http://ift.tt/1aqj1i3










The Late News from http://ift.tt/1h0pLYT