Monday, July 8, 2013

Daily Prompt: Barter System | Under the Monkey Tree




Today’s Daily Prompt:


If the world worked on a barter system, how would you fare? Would you have services to barter? Would you be successful, or would you struggle?


Photographers, artists, poets: show us SKILL.


The first thing I thought of was the movie Smoke Signals. Have you seen it? It is fantastic! Anyway, there is a scene with four people – all Native American. Two guys are walking down the road on the reservation when two ladies pull up in a car that can only drive in reverse. The stop and ask the guys if they need a ride. The guys say yes. Then the girl in the passenger seat says she wants to hear a story first from Thomas (excellent story-teller). She says,


“We’re Indians, we barter.” He gives her a story and they give the guys a ride. Simple, easy, and too funny. If you haven’t seen it, you should.


As for me, yes I think I would do just fine if we lived on the barter system. As I mentioned yesterday, my husband could keep things going because he has done a little bit of everything (plumbing, electrical, air conditioning, water-well drilling, he built our house, etc.). My greatest asset would be in the child care field (raised four kids of my own and babysat many, many more). However, I can do just about any domestic task or chore as well as anyone else and I am willing to work.


Between the two of us I think we would be able to get more accomplished in the barter system than we do without. Go figure!






Source:


http://underthemonkeytree.com/2013/07/08/daily-prompt-barter-system/










The News from http://funyhalloween.blogspot.com