Sunday, July 7, 2013

Random Oranges - Under Different Circumstances 155/?


vinjean


Title: Under Different Circumstances

Chapter 155/?: Salt and Pepper

Characters: Jean-Pierre, Vincent

Author: Orangepencils

Genre: Romance, family

Rating for this chapter: K+

Warnings: Human names used. AU

Pairings: Jean-PierrexVincent

Summary: A series of short stories showing the evolution between Vincent and Jean-Pierre.

This chapter summary: A conversation between salt and pepper.

Under Different Circumstances

Salt and Pepper


The most random of ideas. I was trying to sleep one night and then I got this idea. I wrote it down quickly.


Disclaimer: AU


Under Different Circumstances

Salt and Pepper


“Good evening, Mr. Salt.”


“Excu – oh, well, hello dere, Mr. Pepper, fancy meeting you here.”


“Likewise. I didn’t see you before. Did you come here alone?”


“Yes. My pepper ditched me last minute for mustard and turned into ketchup.”


“The horror!”


“Tell me about it; end you?”


“I just really like the costume, to be honest. You’re not from here, are you?”


“What gave me away?”


“Your accent.”


“Fair enough. I’m from Québec.”


“Oh. This might actually turn out into an interesting evening after all. Out of curiosity, d’you play or watch hockey?”


“Of course! I play end watch it. You?”


“Watch it, but stopped playing; knee injury. So tell me, Habs or Nordiques?”


“Nordiques all de way, but I take for de Habs now, since dere are no more Nordiques. At least, not for now. You, Sens or Leafs?”


“Realistically or optimistically?”


“How about both?”


“I’ll always be a Leafs fan… it’s in the blood, but the Sens might actually have a chance, before them.”


“Yeah, like de Nordiques coming back.”


“I’m not sure whether that was a compliment or an insult, but how about we ditch this lame party and go grab some coffee or something?”


“Sounds like a plan. I’m Jean-Pierre, by de way.”


“Pleasure; I’m Vincent.”


--


“I still don’t get why dey can’t bring back de Nordqiues, or at least give us more teams here in Canada.”


“I hear you, but it’s all about the money.”


“I mean, do we need teams in Arizona or two in Florida? Fuck de snowbirds. Dey can keep one team and de oder can go back to Québec. And why two teams in Alberta?”


“Ugh, I know right? What’s so special about them?”


“At least we get de players back for de Olympics.”


“Damn right! So, how does a Québec City boy like you end up all the way in Toronto?”


“De same way a boy from Ottawa like you ends up in this godforsaken city; work.”


“Aw, come on, it’s not that bad, once you get used to it. Maybe if you’re free on Friday I can show you?...”


“Sure, why de hell not?”


--

20 Years Later


“Good evening, Mr. Pepper.”


“Well hello there, Mr. Salt. Fancy meeting you here. It’s been far too long.”


“Yes, one year is too long.”


“Can you believe this place is still open?”


“Can you believe we still wear de same costumes?”


“What’s wrong with them? Last time I checked, I still spice up your life…”


“Yes, I suppose you do.”


“And plus, this is how we met. Had you not been ditched for mustard we may not even be together.”


“I guess you’re right.”


“Of course I am. And now, Mr. Salt, would you care to dance? I believe we are chaperoning a dance and we have children to embarrass.”


“Certainly, but you realise our daughter will never speak to us ever again after dis?”


“You mean Ms. Vinegar? I think she’ll be fine.”


OWARI 155


Vincent and Jean-Pierre meet at a Halloween party. They are dressed as salt and pepper. They start talking and then, over the years, every year, they dress up in the same costume for Halloween. It ends up with them chaperoning their adoptive daughter’s Halloween dance, which is at the same place where they met.


I do accept anonymous reviews.


Started writing: December 20th 2012, 12:30am

Finished writing: December 20th 2012, 12:47am

Started typing: December 26th 2012, 3:29pm

Finished typing: December 26th 2012, 3:54pm




Source:


http://orangepencils.livejournal.com/257346.html










The News from http://funyhalloween.blogspot.com