Saturday, November 30, 2013

Wobble Your Gobble: The 2nd Annual Lackermann Family ...



Years ago, my Aunt Chris started up a tradition of playing a set of games every Thanksgiving at our family reunion known as the Iowa Games. Originally they started as goofy games where we dressed up and competed, ran around town completing scavenger hunts, and all other sorts of randomly hilarious nonsense. Now last year, as I had gotten full on into my health and fitness kick, we planned a 1 mile walk and 5k fun run themed as an Ugly Sweater Run.


Attractive, yes? So this year, about a month ago, I got a phone call from Katie, one of my many many cousins, inquiring if we were going to have the fun run/walk again this year and suggesting a theme of dressing up as your favorite part of Thanksgiving. I thought this was a fabulous idea, so we put it in action and Wobble Your Gobble was born, complete with t-shirts and costume trophies! It was a little chilly, so we cut it down to just a 1 mile walk. Since it was such a fun event, I thought I’d share some of the best pictures of it, so here was my Thanksgiving day, which was spent traipsing around a chilly Iowa neighborhood dressed as Caesar Salad!







Source:


http://projectgirlgetfit.com/2013/11/30/wobble-your-gobble-the-2nd-annual-lackermann-family-thanksgiving-day-fun-runwalk/










The News from http://funyhalloween.blogspot.com